Re: 900 fill down available

  • rosaleen43@aol.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 29, 2005
      Hi, Ed-

      How many items from your sales list are you bringing to Trailfest? Some of
      the down, I hope!

      Rosaleen

      In a message dated 3/29/2005 6:25:16 PM Eastern Standard Time,
      From: "Ed Speer" <ed@...>
      Subject: 900 fill down available

      For all you DIY types, Speer Hammocks now has very high quality 900
      fill power goose down for sale in 3 ounce bags for only $25.00! This
      limited availability offering is part of my efforts to support our
      hammock camping community with the finest quality materials and
      products I can find.

      In addition, we now offer our PeaPods and Top Blankets with the new 900
      down option! Imagine even greater warmth for the same weight as our
      regular +700 items! Prices will be posted later today.

      Check it out at: http://www.speerhammocks.com/Products/PRODUCTLINK2.htm

      Happy Hammocking
      ....Ed
      Owner, Speer Hammocks Inc
      Moderator, Hammock Camping List

      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 29, 2005
        Rosaleen, I have to re-bag the down, so let me know what you want and I will
        bring it with me. Will also have some Hammocks and 700 down PeaPods & Top
        Blankets. But the 900 down is so new, we don't have an inventory of items
        made with it yet-everything ordered will have to be custom made (1-2
        weeks).Ed

        _____

        From: "Ed Speer" <ed@...>

        For all you DIY types, Speer Hammocks now has very high quality 900
        fill power goose down for sale in 3 ounce bags for only $25.00! This
        limited availability offering is part of my efforts to support our
        hammock camping community with the finest quality materials and
        products I can find.

        In addition, we now offer our PeaPods and Top Blankets with the new 900
        down option! Imagine even greater warmth for the same weight as our
        regular +700 items! Prices will be posted later today.

        Check it out at: http://www.speerhammocks.com/Products/PRODUCTLINK2.htm

        Happy Hammocking
        ....Ed
        Owner, Speer Hammocks Inc
        Moderator, Hammock Camping List

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129pbsdle/M=298184.6018725.7038619.3001176/D=gr
        oups/S=1705065843:HM/EXP=1112226185/A=2593423/R=0/SIG=11el9gslf/*http:/www.n
        etflix.com/Default?mqso=60190075> click here

        :HM/A=2593423/rand=685584610>

        _____

        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 29, 2005
          Bill, adding down to your synthetic PeaPod may be possible, but not
          practical from a cost perspective since it would involve a whole lot of
          work. It would cost less to start anew with a down PeaPod. And in case
          you're wondering, I'm not licensed to resell used sleeping bags, so I can't
          accept a used return for its full value. However I do offer $15 or $40 off
          the purchase of a new Top Blanket or PeaPod respectively for customers
          wishing to trade up from synthetic to down (you must return the old item to
          get this discount-I donate all my unusable returns to Goodwill)..Ed

          Owner, Speer Hammocks Inc

          Moderator, Hammock Camping List

          _____

          I have one of your synthetic Pea Pods. Do you think it is feasible to
          add down to it considering the design you have with this one? Thanx,
          Bill

          > For all you DIY types, Speer Hammocks now has very high quality 900
          > fill power goose down for sale in 3 ounce bags for only $25.00! This
          > limited availability offering is part of my efforts to support our
          > hammock camping community with the finest quality materials and
          > products I can find.
          >
          > In addition, we now offer our PeaPods and Top Blankets with the new
          900
          > down option! Imagine even greater warmth for the same weight as our
          > regular +700 items! Prices will be posted later today.
          >
          > Check it out at:
          http://www.speerhammocks.com/Products/PRODUCTLINK2.htm

          > Happy Hammocking
          > ....Ed
          > Owner, Speer Hammocks Inc
          > Moderator, Hammock Camping List

        • ghman777
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 30, 2005
            Hey Ed, thanx for the response. Im not worried about the labor of
            stuffing down into the synthetic pea pod. I have a very talented
            seamstress in my wife. (however Im sure it will cost me in other ways-
            ha) I was just wondering if there would be room to add down to make
            it more insulating without the down being compressed with the pea pod
            shell as made already. btw.. your new 900 fill pea pod has me
            dreaming and i probably will one day get one from you before next
            winter.

            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 30, 2005
              I see Bill. I think it would be very difficult since down and synthetic
              garments are quilted entirely different. And like you suspect, any added
              down would probably get crushed by the heavier synthetic insulation already
              in the bag. It would be quite an undertaking that I doubt I could talk my
              seamstress into trying! .Ed

              _____

              Hey Ed, thanx for the response. Im not worried about the labor of
              stuffing down into the synthetic pea pod. I have a very talented
              seamstress in my wife. (however Im sure it will cost me in other ways-
              ha) I was just wondering if there would be room to add down to make
              it more insulating without the down being compressed with the pea pod
              shell as made already. btw.. your new 900 fill pea pod has me
              dreaming and i probably will one day get one from you before next
              winter.

              > Bill, adding down to your synthetic PeaPod may be possible, but not
              > practical from a cost perspective since it would involve a whole
              lot of
              > work. It would cost less to start anew with a down PeaPod. And in
              case
              > you're wondering, I'm not licensed to resell used sleeping bags, so
              I can't
              > accept a used return for its full value. However I do offer $15 or
              $40 off
              > the purchase of a new Top Blanket or PeaPod respectively for
              customers
              > wishing to trade up from synthetic to down (you must return the old
              item to
              > get this discount-I donate all my unusable returns to
              Goodwill)..Ed

              > Owner, Speer Hammocks Inc
              >
              > Moderator, Hammock Camping List
              >
              > _____

              <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129pk8jcs/M=298184.6018725.7038619.3001176/D=gr
              oups/S=1705065843:HM/EXP=1112295291/A=2593423/R=0/SIG=11el9gslf/*http:/www.n
              etflix.com/Default?mqso=60190075> click here

              :HM/A=2593423/rand=933601891>

              _____

            • rosaleen43@aol.com
              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 30, 2005
                Ed-

                Thanks for the fast response.

                I have yet to work with creating anything with down. I have a (very nice
                although second-hand) Nunatuk Backcountry Blanket and was lucky enough a few
                years ago to get a Montbell liner jacket through a pehnomenal sale. I'm thinking
                I need a down hat/hood. One small bag of down should do it.

                Cheers!

                Rosaleen

                Message 7 of 9 , Mar 30, 2005
                  Rosaleen, I'll have a bag for you at Hot Springs..Ed

                  _____

                  From: rosaleen43@...

                  Hi, Ed-

                  How many items from your sales list are you bringing to Trailfest? Some of
                  the down, I hope!

                  Rosaleen

                  Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                  <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=1299mbee1/M=298184.6018725.7038619.3001176/D=gr
                  oups/S=1705065843:HM/EXP=1112309678/A=2593423/R=0/SIG=11el9gslf/*http:/www.n
                  etflix.com/Default?mqso=60190075> click here

                  :HM/A=2593423/rand=842835211>

                  _____