900 fill down available

    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 29, 2005
      For all you DIY types, Speer Hammocks now has very high quality 900
      fill power goose down for sale in 3 ounce bags for only $25.00! This
      limited availability offering is part of my efforts to support our
      hammock camping community with the finest quality materials and
      products I can find.

      In addition, we now offer our PeaPods and Top Blankets with the new 900
      down option! Imagine even greater warmth for the same weight as our
      regular +700 items! Prices will be posted later today.

      Check it out at: http://www.speerhammocks.com/Products/PRODUCTLINK2.htm

      Happy Hammocking
      ....Ed
      Owner, Speer Hammocks Inc
      Moderator, Hammock Camping List
    • ghman777
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 29, 2005
        I have one of your synthetic Pea Pods. Do you think it is feasible to
        add down to it considering the design you have with this one? Thanx,
        Bill

      • rosaleen43@aol.com
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 29, 2005
          Hi, Ed-

          How many items from your sales list are you bringing to Trailfest? Some of
          the down, I hope!

          Rosaleen

          In a message dated 3/29/2005 6:25:16 PM Eastern Standard Time,

          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 29, 2005
            Rosaleen, I have to re-bag the down, so let me know what you want and I will
            bring it with me. Will also have some Hammocks and 700 down PeaPods & Top
            Blankets. But the 900 down is so new, we don't have an inventory of items
            made with it yet-everything ordered will have to be custom made (1-2
            weeks).Ed

            _____

            From: "Ed Speer" <ed@...>

            For all you DIY types, Speer Hammocks now has very high quality 900
            fill power goose down for sale in 3 ounce bags for only $25.00! This
            limited availability offering is part of my efforts to support our
            hammock camping community with the finest quality materials and
            products I can find.

            In addition, we now offer our PeaPods and Top Blankets with the new 900
            down option! Imagine even greater warmth for the same weight as our
            regular +700 items! Prices will be posted later today.

            Check it out at: http://www.speerhammocks.com/Products/PRODUCTLINK2.htm

            Happy Hammocking
            ....Ed
            Owner, Speer Hammocks Inc
            Moderator, Hammock Camping List

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129pbsdle/M=298184.6018725.7038619.3001176/D=gr
            oups/S=1705065843:HM/EXP=1112226185/A=2593423/R=0/SIG=11el9gslf/*http:/www.n
            etflix.com/Default?mqso=60190075> click here

            :HM/A=2593423/rand=685584610>

            _____

            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 29, 2005
              Bill, adding down to your synthetic PeaPod may be possible, but not
              practical from a cost perspective since it would involve a whole lot of
              work. It would cost less to start anew with a down PeaPod. And in case
              you're wondering, I'm not licensed to resell used sleeping bags, so I can't
              accept a used return for its full value. However I do offer $15 or $40 off
              the purchase of a new Top Blanket or PeaPod respectively for customers
              wishing to trade up from synthetic to down (you must return the old item to
              get this discount-I donate all my unusable returns to Goodwill)..Ed

              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 30, 2005
                Hey Ed, thanx for the response. Im not worried about the labor of
                stuffing down into the synthetic pea pod. I have a very talented
                seamstress in my wife. (however Im sure it will cost me in other ways-
                ha) I was just wondering if there would be room to add down to make
                it more insulating without the down being compressed with the pea pod
                shell as made already. btw.. your new 900 fill pea pod has me
                dreaming and i probably will one day get one from you before next
                winter.

                Message 7 of 9 , Mar 30, 2005
                  I see Bill. I think it would be very difficult since down and synthetic
                  garments are quilted entirely different. And like you suspect, any added
                  down would probably get crushed by the heavier synthetic insulation already
                  in the bag. It would be quite an undertaking that I doubt I could talk my
                  seamstress into trying! .Ed

                  _____

                  Hey Ed, thanx for the response. Im not worried about the labor of
                  stuffing down into the synthetic pea pod. I have a very talented
                  seamstress in my wife. (however Im sure it will cost me in other ways-
                  ha) I was just wondering if there would be room to add down to make
                  it more insulating without the down being compressed with the pea pod
                  shell as made already. btw.. your new 900 fill pea pod has me
                  dreaming and i probably will one day get one from you before next
                  winter.

                  > Bill, adding down to your synthetic PeaPod may be possible, but not
                  > practical from a cost perspective since it would involve a whole
                  lot of
                  > work. It would cost less to start anew with a down PeaPod. And in
                  case
                  > you're wondering, I'm not licensed to resell used sleeping bags, so
                  I can't
                  > accept a used return for its full value. However I do offer $15 or
                  $40 off
                  > the purchase of a new Top Blanket or PeaPod respectively for
                  customers
                  > wishing to trade up from synthetic to down (you must return the old
                  item to
                  > get this discount-I donate all my unusable returns to
                  Goodwill)..Ed

                  > Owner, Speer Hammocks Inc
                  >
                  > Moderator, Hammock Camping List
                  >
                  > _____

                  <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129pk8jcs/M=298184.6018725.7038619.3001176/D=gr
                  oups/S=1705065843:HM/EXP=1112295291/A=2593423/R=0/SIG=11el9gslf/*http:/www.n
                  etflix.com/Default?mqso=60190075> click here

                  :HM/A=2593423/rand=933601891>

                  _____

                • rosaleen43@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 9 , Mar 30, 2005
                    Ed-

                    Thanks for the fast response.

                    I have yet to work with creating anything with down. I have a (very nice
                    although second-hand) Nunatuk Backcountry Blanket and was lucky enough a few
                    years ago to get a Montbell liner jacket through a pehnomenal sale. I'm thinking
                    I need a down hat/hood. One small bag of down should do it.

                    Cheers!

                    Rosaleen

                    Message 9 of 9 , Mar 30, 2005
                      Rosaleen, I'll have a bag for you at Hot Springs..Ed

                      _____

                      From: rosaleen43@...

                      Hi, Ed-

                      How many items from your sales list are you bringing to Trailfest? Some of
                      the down, I hope!

                      Rosaleen

                      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                      <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=1299mbee1/M=298184.6018725.7038619.3001176/D=gr
                      oups/S=1705065843:HM/EXP=1112309678/A=2593423/R=0/SIG=11el9gslf/*http:/www.n
                      etflix.com/Default?mqso=60190075> click here

                      :HM/A=2593423/rand=842835211>

                      _____