Re: Ridge lines for tarps??

  • ptoddf@aol.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 28 9:43 PM
      Excellent comments, thanks to all. Amazing how much there is to flesh out in
      this one very
      specialized subject. Here's another point, if this duplicates earlier
      posting, I didn't see it:

      What I am doing this year with my open, aka "side entry" hammock, is use a
      ridge line below my MacCat tarp as described, but I'm also using snakeskins on
      the tarp only.

      What this means is I can put up my tarp in skins, with ridge line outside
      and below the skins, and have a "thick rope" only overhead, with gear in
      silnylon stuff sacks and items like sandals just hanging on hooks on the line. This
      means almost unblocked sky and star viewing, very important to me.

      If weather moves in, I can unskin and stake out tarp in seconds. I won't
      hang any sacks right over my head area, but hang them closer to the foot end to
      keep a nearly clear view. I'm using the HH skins that I never liked or used
      with that hammock. I put 10 foot lines on the new config, to see how that
      does. Drilled holes in 4 of the aluminum Y stakes so they're captive on the
      lines, can't get lost. Gettin' there!

      Best, Todd in Tarzana.