Southwest Hamock Convention

  • wpick87506@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 24 5:20 AM
      Hello Arizonans

      We'll have our convention on the 16-17th of April ay Maderia Canyon in the
      Santa Ritas. There is no reservations for campsites. So I'll go down on the
      15th and save spots. Families and dogs are invited, but remember, they must be
      on a leash at all times in a National Forest area.......

      Walter

    • chcoa
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 24 9:23 PM
        Excellent Walter. Count me in plus likely 4 others.

        I am planning to head up on Sat. AM. This will be an in camp day for
        the most part for me but on Sun. I plan to make a summit attempt of
        Mt. Wrightson. It's 11.5 miles RT or somewhere around that, if
        anyone is insterested you are certainly welcome to join me.

        I'm so excited, camping with other hangers very cool. For once I
        will not be the only non-ground dweller....

        jamie d

        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 25 5:44 PM
          Jamie, Walter & others, I've been following your plans for an Arizona
          hammock hangers campout with great delight. Now that you've picked a
          definite date and place, wish I could be there too. I love Arizona and even
          graduated from UA in 1979! For that eventful occasion, I celebrated by
          hiking to the summit of Mt Wrightson! It was a full-moon hike starting at
          midnight and reached the summit just in time for the sunrise! With a fellow
          graduate (and special lady friend), I hiked with only the light of the moon.
          I'll never forget watching the sun come up from that lofty desert summit.
          What an incredible feeling. I hope the Southwest Hammock Hangers group has
          a wonderful time in Maderia Canyon and your hike to the summit Jamie is as
          awesome as mine was...Ed

          _____

          Excellent Walter. Count me in plus likely 4 others.

          I am planning to head up on Sat. AM. This will be an in camp day for
          the most part for me but on Sun. I plan to make a summit attempt of
          Mt. Wrightson. It's 11.5 miles RT or somewhere around that, if
          anyone is insterested you are certainly welcome to join me.

          I'm so excited, camping with other hangers very cool. For once I
          will not be the only non-ground dweller....

          jamie d

          --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, wpick87506@a... wrote:
          > Hello Arizonans
          >
          > We'll have our convention on the 16-17th of April ay Maderia Canyon
          in the
          > Santa Ritas. There is no reservations for campsites. So I'll go
          down on the
          > 15th and save spots. Families and dogs are invited, but remember,
          they must be
          > on a leash at all times in a National Forest area.......
          >

          > Walter

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129tonopq/M=298184.6191685.7192823.3001176/D=gr
          oups/S=1705065843:HM/EXP=1111814591/A=2593423/R=0/SIG=11el9gslf/*http:/www.n
          etflix.com/Default?mqso=60190075> click here

          <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=298184.6191685.7192823.3001176/D=groups/S=
          :HM/A=2593423/rand=215922575>

          _____

        • chcoa
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 25 9:39 PM
            Wow Ed what a cool story. Thanks for sharing that memory with us. I
            don't think my summit attempt will be as amazing though. I'm
            planning to stick with the old start early in the morning option and
            I'm not even sure I'll make it (still working on getting back into
            shape after my last dirt squirts arrival) but I will now be thinking
            of your story as I hike.

            Jamie in AZ

            subject=Unsubscribe>