Re: Hammock Camping Digest Number 68/QC questions, HH ASYM

  • rosaleen43@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 8, 2003
      Nathaniel-

      E-mail directly back to me if you don't get the info you want soon.  I can't research what you need just now.  What I AM doing is forwarding your message to Tom Hennessy.

      My experience with the Hennessys are that they have an outstanding dedication to quality and customer satisfaction.  Tom can't address a problem until he is aware of it.  That said, they do have a lot going on and sometimes take a bit of time to take care of everything.  And, sometimes, Tom needs a bit of a nudge, as he can go into data overload and forget something.  He has, so far, been really good natured about reminders...  His wife is good for helping in that regard.  (Nice couple!)

      The Hennessys may not be back from a sales trip "Down Under."  So, you may need to give them an extra week or two.

      Rosaleen

      From: Nathaniel <nate@...>
      Subject: HH Ultralight Backpacker A-Sym measurements

      Hi,

      I just got a Hennessy Hammock Ultralite Backpacker A-Sym....

      The first one was huge inside and was fine except the thread stiching
      was broken and messed where the nylon connects to the no-seemum in
      small area.  But liked it otherwise.

      Minor but I decided to take it back to REI and exchange it.

      The next one I got was labeled the same but the hammock and canopy are
      smaller.  I am thinking perhaps the other one was one of the bigger
      models?

      Anyway... now that it is smaller (which actually I prefer the smaller
      size, I thought the other one was too overwhelming) it appears that
      also the Tree Huggers and spectra cord are smaller.  The spectra cord
      may appear smaller because the hammock isn't as long though.

      Any chance anyone could take some measurements of there ultralight
      backpacker a-syms?  Especially the full extended length, length of
      tree huggers, length of spectra cord on each side, hammock length and
      rainfly length.  It would be very helpful in determining which hammock
      I actually have :)

      (And if someone has already posted measurements please post yours
      because they may differ and I'm trying to find what the correct size
      is support to be... What HH told me before I purchased it was that
      each spectra cord was suppose to be 9.5' when tied and all, on each
      side. I measure about 8 to 8.5')

      Thanks,

      Nathaniel

    • jbchiker
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 9, 2003
        I measured my tree huggers on my A-Sym and they are 42" the spectra
        cord for the tree huggers are 99" (8.25') and the color is a brownish
        color. If it is brownish, it is an A-Sym (hammock & rainfly). My
        other hammock a HH Ultra light has a blue rainfly. Hope this helps,
        but Rosaleen is really the expert! She deals with them all the time
        and has a great realationship with them.
        Nancy