Re: Sorta OT - New Shirts and Fabric at WalMart

  • Coy
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 10 8:53 PM
      Thanks doug, Ihaven't noticed any new styles but I like the ones I
      got over the past few year. mine are the mesh like starter dry
      star. will have to check out the newer designs, mine are getting
      lots of picks and runs but it hasn't hurt the function yet.

      Coy Boy

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "dlfrost_1" <dlfrost@a...>
      wrote:

      > They're putting out the spring stuff at the local WalMart and I
      saw
      > two new short-sleeve polyester shirts that look good for warm
      weather
      > hiking. They've previously had synthetic shirts, but with open-
      weave
      > fabric that quickly tends to self-destruct. These are solids with
      > Athletic Works and Starter labels, in several colors. I mention
      them
      > because they're lighter than the ones Target has been selling
      under
      > the Prospirit label. The Starter shirts have the seams further
      > forward where they're less likely to be under pack straps.
      >
      > I've also seen new fabrics in the bargain bins lately. No
      sylnylon,
      > but there was ripstop in different weights and even a half-bolt of
      > Taslan nylon (used for reinforcing patches on outdoor garments).
      The