Re: Pole on HH fly

  • Coy
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 10 8:48 PM
      no but it is interesting...could you add on to the center line and
      fly it like a kite? FWIW I never had a lot of problem with even
      wind blown rain. never been in severe wind and I am in trees (not 2
      in a field) so that helps.

      Coy Boy

      > Has anyone tried this? Looks like a good idea for the smaller
      fly,
      > and possibly even an 8x8.
      >
      > http://www.watertribe.org/Magazine/2001August/JackKrohn.asp
    • Lenny Nichols
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 11 10:49 AM

        I use my trekking poles with the HH fly all the time. Works great.

        Lenny Nichols, PMPĀ®

      • stumplug
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 15 6:44 AM

          I have used a tent pole, (4 sections) slung underneath the hammock
          from the corners of the stock tarp and tie the outhaul of the hammock
          to the poles. Advantages: no stakes, no tripping, and comfortable
          swinging. Disadvantages: Extra weight, when hammock is empty a slight
          breeze will flip it over.

          p.s. Thank you for your service, from a twenty year sailor.