Pole on HH fly

  • jwj32542
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 10, 2005
      Has anyone tried this? Looks like a good idea for the smaller fly,
      and possibly even an 8x8.

      http://www.watertribe.org/Magazine/2001August/JackKrohn.asp
    • Coy
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 10, 2005
        no but it is interesting...could you add on to the center line and
        fly it like a kite? FWIW I never had a lot of problem with even
        wind blown rain. never been in severe wind and I am in trees (not 2
        in a field) so that helps.

        Coy Boy

        > Has anyone tried this? Looks like a good idea for the smaller
        fly,
        > and possibly even an 8x8.
        >
        > http://www.watertribe.org/Magazine/2001August/JackKrohn.asp
      • Lenny Nichols
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 11, 2005

          I use my trekking poles with the HH fly all the time. Works great.

          Lenny Nichols, PMPĀ®

        • stumplug
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 15, 2005

            I have used a tent pole, (4 sections) slung underneath the hammock
            from the corners of the stock tarp and tie the outhaul of the hammock
            to the poles. Advantages: no stakes, no tripping, and comfortable
            swinging. Disadvantages: Extra weight, when hammock is empty a slight
            breeze will flip it over.

            p.s. Thank you for your service, from a twenty year sailor.