progress on hammock design

  • Ray Garlington
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 7, 2005
      Did a fair amount of work on the hammock this weekend. It is close
      to how I'll use it this spring.

      New: tarp, equipment hammock, hammock shirt, hammock boots, bag-o-
      feathers

      see: http://www.garlington.biz/Ray/SilkHammock/
    • ptoddf
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 7, 2005
        Ray,

        Amazing and great info. Thanks for posting. Love the "Bag O'
        Feathers" idea. Obviously it works if you've checked down to single
        digits. How're you attaching it and keeping it up along edges?

        Best, Todd in Tarzana.
      • Ray Garlington
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 8, 2005
          --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "ptoddf" <ptoddf@a...> wrote:
          How're you attaching it (bag-o-feathers) and keeping it up along
          edges?

          Todd,
          The friction between the fabrics is sufficient to hold it in place.
          When I used the air bags, I sometimes would run a string from the
          insulating bag to the hammock support rope to hold it in place.