Re: [Hammock Camping] Dye silk...DYE ;-)

  • Jeremy
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 1 9:58 AM
      Robi,

      LNT stands for Leave No Trace. So LNT colors would be browns, greens, and like hues that
      would blend into the woods.

      I'm hoping to dye the silk gauze pure black, as this makes it even easier to see through
      from the inside, while making it more difficult to see through from the outside.

      -howie

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, robi <beanco@m...> wrote:
      > we dye=hand paint silk scarves at my kids' school all the time.
      >
      > they are permanantly colored nd look great...
      >
      > the dyes are made here in hungary and often we just used homemade dyes.
      >
      > what are lnt colors? maybe i could figure how to make the color you want
      > from onion peels, beets, whatever, using vinegar as the fixing agent.
      >

      > robi
    • robi
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 1 10:05 AM