Subject: Wally World Score

  • ptoddf@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 26, 2005
      Lots of their stuff lately seems to be polyester. Works fine for hammocks, depending on
      weight of material. I got 6 yards for $6, kind of a gray brown. Did nothing but sew an anti skid hem into the ends, left the sides as they were.

      I'm thinking that burning a scrap with a match might work to identify between polyester and nylon. At least I know what nylon smells like from melting cord ends. Guess you could tell by the stretch under body weight too, with enough experience.

      Best, Todd in Tarzana.
    • Ralph Oborn
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 26, 2005
        I did the double sheet bend with a strap, no sewing no fuss.

        Ralph