Info for the SEHH?

  • Coy
    Message 1 of 14 , Feb 24, 2005
      Ed, It wasn't looking like I would be able to atend so I didnt pay
      much attention when you posted all the particulars on the TrailFest
      and SEHH hangout. I supposed I could search back through the past
      month or...do it the lazy way. Do you still have that info handy. I
      need to find out if I need to reserve a campsite etc.

      Thanks
      Coy Boy
      Message 2 of 14 , Feb 24, 2005
        Coy wrote:

        >Ed, It wasn't looking like I would be able to atend so I didnt pay
        >much attention when you posted all the particulars on the TrailFest
        >and SEHH hangout. I supposed I could search back through the past
        >month or...do it the lazy way. Do you still have that info handy. I
        >need to find out if I need to reserve a campsite etc.
        >
        >Thanks

        Coy,

        Ed said his campsite will hold a bunch of hammockers. Unlike the
        Rainbow Springs site, the sites in Hot Springs have LOTs of trees that
        are appropriate.

        Rick
      • Coy
        Message 3 of 14 , Feb 24, 2005
          thanks rick, I'll probably stay on the site JD has if he has the
          room. I'm sure there are several already planning on hanging at Ed's
          site.

          Coy Boy

          > Coy wrote:
          >
          > >Ed, It wasn't looking like I would be able to atend so I didnt pay
          > >much attention when you posted all the particulars on the TrailFest
          > >and SEHH hangout. I supposed I could search back through the past
          > >month or...do it the lazy way. Do you still have that info handy. I
          > >need to find out if I need to reserve a campsite etc.
          > >
          > >Thanks
          > >
          > Coy,
          >
          > Ed said his campsite will hold a bunch of hammockers. Unlike the
          > Rainbow Springs site, the sites in Hot Springs have LOTs of trees that
          > are appropriate.
          >
          > Rick
        • Ralph Oborn
          Message 4 of 14 , Feb 24, 2005
            If you know the number of trees then you can use the combinatorics
            function to calculate the number of possible hangers.

            With 2 trees just one hanger is possible
            with 3 trees, three hangers
            with 4 trees, 6 hangers
            with 5 trees, 10 hangers etc.

            Trees Hangers
            1 0
            2 1
            3 3
            4 6
            5 10
            6 15
            7 21
            8 28
            9 36
            10 45
            11 55
            12 66
            13 78
            14 91
            15 105
            16 120
            17 136
            18 153
            19 171
            20 190
            21 210
            22 231
            23 253
            24 276
            25 300
            26 325
            27 351
            28 378
            29 406
            30 435

            Hope you guys have fun!!

            Ralph

            Message 5 of 14 , Feb 24, 2005

              There are plenty of camp sites Coy—all you have to do is show up.  I’ve rented group site # 413 for Sat nite, which has plenty of hammock trees.  It’s only $5/camper.  Anyway the details are here:

              http://www.speerhammocks.com/Assets/HotSpringsApr05.htm

               …Ed

              Message 6 of 14 , Feb 24, 2005
                I know I'm gona be sorry for replying:')....I get the 3 trees thre
                hangers, but with 4 trees I get 5, not 6. The trees would have to be
                in sort of a square formation as well. so trees are designated a,b,c
                & d you got a\_/b b\_/c c\_/d and d\_/a then you can have one
                more, either, a\_/c or b\_/d

                Coy Boy (not that good at math either)

                Message 7 of 14 , Feb 24, 2005

                  Right Rick, my site has trees for about 6-8 hammocks (last summers flooding took out all the others!).  I will also have my four stands and there is plenty of room for others to bring and use their stands.  This site could probably hold 50 hammocks if we had the stands.  JD’s site also has some trees, but I don’t remember how many are suitable for hammocks—anyway, his site is large enough to take 10 or so stands….Ed

                  Message 8 of 14 , Feb 24, 2005
                    Thanks Ed

                    I never did find the anouncment. I'll find a place where my wife and I
                    can hang. might be your site, might be JD's. may flip a coin.

                    Coy Boy
                    PS all my replies tonight seem to take an hour to show up?

                    <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129hngusp/M=298184.6018725.7038619.3001176/D=gr

                    oups/S=1705065843:HM/EXP=1109382188/A=2593423/R=0/SIG=11el9gslf/*http:/www.n
                    > etflix.com/Default?mqso=60190075> click here

                    > :HM/A=2593423/rand=918428659>
                    >

                    > _____

                  • Ralph Oborn
                    Message 9 of 14 , Feb 24, 2005
                      In theory you could get both AC and BD at different elevations, Youall
                      are friends right? Just hope the guy above you doesn't have a bottle
                      to empty. :]

                      Course II assume everybody has lots of rope.

                      Ralph

                      On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 04:14:50 -0000, Coy <starnescr@...> wrote:

                      > I know I'm gona be sorry for replying:')....I get the 3 trees thre
                      > hangers, but with 4 trees I get 5, not 6. The trees would have to be
                      > in sort of a square formation as well. so trees are designated a,b,c
                      > & d you got a\_/b b\_/c c\_/d and d\_/a then you can have one
                      > more, either, a\_/c or b\_/d
                      >
                      > Coy Boy (not that good at math either)
                      >
                      > --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, Ralph Oborn <Ralph.oborn@g...>
                      >
                      > wrote:
                      > > If you know the number of trees then you can use the combinatorics
                      > > function to calculate the number of possible hangers.
                      > >
                      > > With 2 trees just one hanger is possible
                      > > with 3 trees, three hangers
                      > > with 4 trees, 6 hangers
                      > > with 5 trees, 10 hangers etc.
                      > >

                      > > Trees Hangers
                      > > 1 0
                      > > 2 1
                      > > 3 3
                      > > 4 6
                      > > 5 10
                      > > 6 15
                      > > 7 21
                      > > 8 28
                      > > 9 36
                      > > 10 45
                      > > 11 55
                      > > 12 66
                      > > 13 78
                      > > 14 91
                      > > 15 105
                      > > 16 120
                      > > 17 136
                      > > 18 153
                      > > 19 171
                      > > 20 190
                      > > 21 210
                      > > 22 231
                      > > 23 253
                      > > 24 276
                      > > 25 300
                      > > 26 325
                      > > 27 351
                      > > 28 378
                      > > 29 406
                      > > 30 435
                      > >

                      > > Hope you guys have fun!!
                      > >
                      > > Ralph
                      > > >
                      > > > Ed said his campsite will hold a bunch of hammockers. Unlike the
                      > > > Rainbow Springs site, the sites in Hot Springs have LOTs of trees
                      > that are appropriate.
                      > > >
                      > > > Rick
                      > > >

                      > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                    • Coy
                      Message 10 of 14 , Feb 24, 2005
                        In theory you could stack them all around too. let's see, that would
                        be 10 for 4 trees....your caculators combinatorics is flawed. I knew
                        I shouldn't of replied:')

                        Coy Boy

                        Message 11 of 14 , Feb 25, 2005
                          It helps to not be limited to the usual.  Ralph's estimate is wrong even for two trees.

                          http://www.imrisk.com/hammock/hammockdouble.jpg

                          (where two hammocks are set up on two trees)

                          However, I did enjoy the math ramble.

                          Risk

                          'Thanks & Giving.'
                          http://us.click.yahoo.com/6iY7fA/5WnJAA/Y3ZIAA/z1TolB/TM

                              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                        • J.D. Hoessle
                          Message 12 of 14 , Feb 25, 2005
                            > If you know the number of trees then you can use the combinatorics
                            > function to calculate the number of possible hangers.

                            Ohhhhh....!!! *THAT's* Good!

                            Actually, if my ol' brain is working, I think it is a math function
                            called a FACTORIAL, right?

                            Of course, it *IS* limited by the actual emphirical number of trees.
                            But, I guess hammocks could be "stacked"; e.g., one at 3 feet and
                            another (above) at 6 feet.

                            Which brings up the subject of who gets the "bottom bunk". With all
                            the discussion of technique using the infamous "Pee-Bottle", it would
                            be advisable to get there early and claim the top bunk, right?
                            Message 13 of 14 , Feb 25, 2005
                              There is also the sidecar arrangement for tying two hammocks to two
                              trees: http://tinyurl.com/4ewzv.

                              Youngblood
                            • Ralph Oborn
                              Message 14 of 14 , Feb 25, 2005
                                Nope, not factorial, that would have multiplied 1*2*3*4*5*6 = 120 etc,
                                this was adding, I started down that path also. I also looked at
                                fibbinonci numbers.

                                The key is each additional tree, can in theory, hang to all previous trees.

                                But Coy is right, if two trees are tall enough, everybody could just
                                stack up there. And Ricks method would double that.

                                Ralph the midnight mathematician

                                PS as one who is unlikely to master the mythical bottle. I would need.
                                ground acess at least twice duting the evening