Re: [Hammock Camping] Hot Springs in April

    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 24, 2005
      J.D. Hoessle wrote:
      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, Rick <ra1@i...>

      Oh, I would not mind coming down for the weekend.  I'd love it.  Let
      me see, I will likely be in central VA.  I will probably have just
      made my jump from near Lexington VA to the middle of Shenandoah NP,
      and will likely be in the northern portion of the park near Skyline
      Drive.  Anyone coming down that way?

      Yes.  I am planning on going down I-81 from Northern VA with a quick
      stop in Damascus (one hour at most).  Usually catch I-81 @ I-64; but,
      can just as easily cruise down Skyline Drive.

      Big Meadows...? Or, will you be north of there...?  Ashby Gap...?
      Snickers Gap...?  Just hiked ~ 10 miles near Milam Gap this past Sunday.

      It would be my pleasure...!  Hope you like my SkyDog...<g>...!

      JD at HOESSLE dot COM
      Sounds like it might well work out JD.  We will have to keep track of each other via email when the time gets nearer and then perhaps by cell phone in the really short term.  Beginning about 1 April I have a general idea about where I will be 23 days later, but not the specifics.  I will be using a pocketmail device on the trail.  I will give you the email address a little later off-line.

      I get along fine with dogs, but am rather allergic to them, so we may need to keep the air circulating.

      Rick
    • J.D. Hoessle
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 24, 2005
        > Sounds like it might well work out JD. We will have to keep track of
        > each other via email when the time gets nearer and then perhaps by
        > cell phone in the really short term. Beginning about 1 April I have a
        > general idea about where I will be 23 days later, but not the
        > specifics. I will be using a pocketmail device on the trail. I will
        > give you the email address a little later off-line.

        OK. I have reservations at the Hot Springs C.G. for Fri. & Sat.
        (04/22 & 04/23). I gave up on the cell a few years ago and no longer
        have that tether...<g>... Contact me off line and we can work it out.

        > I get along fine with dogs, but am rather allergic to them, so we may
        > need to keep the air circulating.

        No problem. I usually run with the windows cracked anyway.