Re: [Hammock Camping] Intro/Sleeping bag under HH?

  • Coy
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 22, 2005
      I've seen pics of that on the thruhiker downquilt makeing plans or
      somewhere similar. used a shop vac to clean up and reversed to
      maybe blow down in the tubes? Funny thing is, thats bout all a tent
      is good for. OK sorry bout that little dig.

      Coy Boy

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, <tjarrell@c...> wrote:
      > Dan, that sounds like what I did. Just removed the stop from the
      zipper and then toon a seam ripper and opend up the seam. I then
      folded the loose ends back into the bag and used document clamps to
      hold the seams closed. I then hand sewed the area.

      > One of the old hands recommended awhile back that you do any down
      work inside an enclosed area, such as a tent, so that the feathers
      don't go everywhere and your companion (wife, girl friend, whomever)
      doesn't go on the warpath due to the down going everywhere inside
      the house.