Re: [Hammock Camping] Ed's such a nice guy that...

  • David Chinell
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 21, 2005
      Jeff:

      One more comment...

      That Travel Hammock I reviewed recently just uses ropes with
      overhand knots. I was surprised at how easy that was to rig
      and adjust. If you're attaching to steel supports there's no
      need for tree huggery, and plain rope might be your best
      bet.

      Bear
    • jwj32542
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 21, 2005
        <dchinell@m...> wrote:
        > If you're attaching to steel supports there's no
        > need for tree huggery, and plain rope might be your best
        > bet.

        True. Or I could always tie the webbing instead of relying on a
        friction wrap, I guess.

        With a hugger, I can just thread one end through the other and it'll
        hold me on horizontal steel supports without need for any friction.

        So many options!

        Jeff