Ed's such a nice guy that...

  • jwj32542
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 20, 2005
      > Keep testing Jeff, you might come up with a workable solution.
      But I've yet
      > to find anything as dependable as tying webbing to the tree itself.
      > Actually I don't 'tie' a knot in the webbing, but instead use a
      series of
      > overlapping & counter-pulling wraps to create enough friction to
      hold
      > without tying an actual knot in the webbing.

      I've seen your wrap, and it looks like it works great on trees...but
      I often hook mine onto whatever gear I find on the plane. Will that
      wrap create enough friction to hold me up when connected to a 1"
      metal pole?

      Also, you had exactly the webbing I was looking for on your site.
      Brain fart from me for not looking there in the first place, but why
      didn't you speak up? Didn't want to plug your business on the open
      forum? Too nice of a guy, Ed... :) I'm ordering some today.

      > system works in all weather conditions-including cold, wet and
      freezing.
      > Other systems I've tried sometimes fail in these conditions.

      I guess my buckles will be hard to disconnect if they freeze. If it
      works for me in warm weather, maybe I'll use it and just change it
      out for cold-weather trips. Or maybe I'll find it's not worth the
      trouble!

      Like Thomas Edison said, "I didn't fail. Now I know 2000 ways NOT
      to do it." (or something like that)

      Thanks to EVERYONE for all the help and advice I've gotten from this
      site.

      Jeff