Re: [Hammock Camping] down "The Low Down on Down"

  • J.D. Hoessle
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 19, 2005
      > Some thoughts on down:

      > The good news is that all down is good and even chicken feathers
      > will work quite well.

      I have wondered about that! Using the *Second Definition* of stealth
      camping, I have passed a number of chicken coops in my day and I (as
      the Fox in the Hen House) could "borrow" a couple bags...<g>... Should
      provide more warmth than adding leaves underneath, right?

      Do these need to be "Free Range" chickens?

      Now, I am wondering how to boil, radiate with UV, dry CHICKEN
      feathers! We have a few Purdue Farms here in Virginia!

      Nasty rain / sleet slush / snow storm expected here Sunday night.
      It's time to test my tarp pitching skills!

      Happy Trails,

      J.D.