Re: [Hammock Camping] Another ultimate...

  • jwj32542
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 18, 2005
      <dchinell@m...> wrote:
      > They are simple to adjust and held me fine (slightly over 200 lbs
      on a good day).

      > In the end though, I'm not certain the extra weight and
      complication is better than just knowing a good knot or two.

      Could be true, I guess. But where's the fun in that?! Hehe!

      How much did the buckles weigh?

      I actually like to use cord instead of the webbing, but I haven't
      found an easy adjustable way to connect it without the knot (and
      completely retying it to adjust). On whiteblaze they're talking
      about clamcleats, which might work. I'd like to find a way to make
      trucker's hitches work...use the hugger as the loop for the hitch.
      I can't seem to get enough tension to hold me that way, though.

      Oh well...I'll probably try the buckles and see what I like better.
      Thanks for letting me know yours worked!

      Jeff