Subject: Followup on Travel Hammock

  • ptoddf@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 17, 2005
      I got one of those nylon hammocks you describe for $20 and recommend it as a cheap and usable base for experiments. Made in China of course, comes with climbing type rope through sewn end sleeves, and 2 usable stainless steel hanging hooks which are a lot more secure when closed down somewhat with a hammer. Makes a nice "no sewing" starting point.

      Don't like the looks of the stitch lines in the ends, definitely a long term weak point, but the hammock is long enough to use the whip type method with the end sleeves working just as anti-slide hems, which fixes this problem. Other "travel hammocks" I've seen aren't long enough for this.

      The rope is not very good quality, replaced it with spectra core cord.

      Best, Todd in Tarzana.