Re: [Hammock Camping] Risk: condensation in TravelPod?

  • jwj32542
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 16, 2005
      > I don't now use a ridge line inside the TravelPod. If I have
      written
      > that I do, please let me know where and I will correct it.

      Here's the section I was referring to. I see now it's not actually
      a ridgeline, but it's close.

      "Coming out the ends of the Travel pod on each end are two
      suspension cords. These are threaded through two tunnels that are
      four feet long and parallel to, a foot away from the zipper. The
      tunnel is in the central four feet of the TravelPod. They are tied
      at each end and a larger cord is used to draw tension on the strings
      and tie it off to a tab on the suspension webbing of the hammock."

      > It is meant
      > to hang with an air space under the hammock, not to give an air
      space
      > above.

      That's the way mine is now...I guess I just misunderstood your
      original design. Mine just lays on the hammock's top and hangs
      below it, with a small opening at the foot end and a drawstring
      cinched about the head end. I was thinking about adding the
      ridgeline to keep the right amount of sag in the hammock, which
      would also keep the TravelPod elevated, creating the air pocket I
      described earlier. Maybe I'll experiment and see what I can come up
      with.

      Thanks for the help!

      Jeff