Re: Pad

  • geoflyfisher
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 6 7:04 AM
      SNIP: When you made your 40 inch wide pad, do you use the reflectix
      as is, or did
      > you put a
      > fleece liner on it.

      Marge,

      I recently made a reflectix pad 36 inches wide, 72" long. I slept
      directly on it the other night with temps about 40 deg and a number
      of showers coming through. I also used a wind shell outside the
      hammock. Stayed warm and dry, like a bug in a rug. (Wearing a flece
      top and polypro bottoms.) The nice thing about this pad is there is
      never a worry about it scooting out from under me and leaving a cold
      spot. To pack it, I just fold it once along the long axis and then
      roll loosely as a "frame" inside the pack.

      This was the most comfortable night I have spent in a hammock yet.
      What a hoot it was to be suspended above the squishy wet on the
      ground. Snow was melting, the first inch or two of ground is soaked
      with water, in the rain, everything was covered with a bit of run-off
      because every surface was saturated with water... And I was
      comfortable above all this, out of the mud, out of the water,
      sleeping without a worry in the world... Hammock camping at its
      best.

      <><
    • starnescr
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 6 8:04 AM
        Hi Marge

        Here is a pic of my pad. May be the one you are refuring too.

        http://tinyurl.com/6z65

        I put a fleece blanket on top of the reflectix. I hand sewed it on.
        Look at this pic. For referance the boars on my deck are 6 in (5 3/4
        in rality and the pad goes across 7 boards. It is aproc 22 inches at
        the foot end. When you make your I'd suggest about 34 inches cut
        similar. try this out befor you attach any fleece because this
        might be to wide for you. Once satisfied with the pads shape sew on
        the fleece and use the scraps for the cozy you were asking Nancy
        about.

        Coy Boy

        --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Marge Prothman" <marge@p...>