Pad

  • Marge Prothman
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 6, 2003
      Hi Coy,

      When you made your 40 inch wide pad, do you use the reflectix as is, or did
      you put a
      fleece liner on it. I still have the original picture you posted and wonder
      if that
      one had the reflectix.
      Really warm here this morning at 22F, will wait until the 'supposedly snow
      storm' passes
      over before I put up the hammock again. All these storms are passing us by,
      they dump snow ever where but here. Lawns are starting to appear.
      I am ready to make another pad.
      Marge [The Old Gal]
      http://www.prothman.org/marge
    • geoflyfisher
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 6, 2003
        SNIP: When you made your 40 inch wide pad, do you use the reflectix
        as is, or did
        > you put a
        > fleece liner on it.

        Marge,

        I recently made a reflectix pad 36 inches wide, 72" long. I slept
        directly on it the other night with temps about 40 deg and a number
        of showers coming through. I also used a wind shell outside the
        hammock. Stayed warm and dry, like a bug in a rug. (Wearing a flece
        top and polypro bottoms.) The nice thing about this pad is there is
        never a worry about it scooting out from under me and leaving a cold
        spot. To pack it, I just fold it once along the long axis and then
        roll loosely as a "frame" inside the pack.

        This was the most comfortable night I have spent in a hammock yet.
        What a hoot it was to be suspended above the squishy wet on the
        ground. Snow was melting, the first inch or two of ground is soaked
        with water, in the rain, everything was covered with a bit of run-off
        because every surface was saturated with water... And I was
        comfortable above all this, out of the mud, out of the water,
        sleeping without a worry in the world... Hammock camping at its
        best.

        <><
      • starnescr
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 6, 2003
          Hi Marge

          Here is a pic of my pad. May be the one you are refuring too.

          http://tinyurl.com/6z65

          I put a fleece blanket on top of the reflectix. I hand sewed it on.
          Look at this pic. For referance the boars on my deck are 6 in (5 3/4
          in rality and the pad goes across 7 boards. It is aproc 22 inches at
          the foot end. When you make your I'd suggest about 34 inches cut
          similar. try this out befor you attach any fleece because this
          might be to wide for you. Once satisfied with the pads shape sew on
          the fleece and use the scraps for the cozy you were asking Nancy
          about.

          Coy Boy

          --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Marge Prothman" <marge@p...>