Re: Brian from Tampa's rain fly

  • BRIAN
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 9, 2005
      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "SG" <stgga@y...> wrote:

      > Has brian posted instructions how to construct his rain fly?

      No, I haven't. The fly is made by Cook Custom Sewing. I attached
      two little pole tip pockets(Made from scrap pieces of nylon webbing)
      on opposite corners. The pole threads through the lift loop in the
      center of the tarp and silps into the pocket on each side of the
      tarp. The sides are staked out with shock cord which allows the
      tarp to be pulled back out of the way for star gazing/ventilation.
      I use this tarp mostly for canoeing because it's a little heavy due
      to all the bombproofing, but I have ordered enough silnylon in an
      olive drab color to make myself a lighter version. By the way, the
      poles are the same ones that I use in my Cloudburst Tarptent.

      Brian