Re: My coldest night in a Hammock yet...and I survived!

  • John F. Hill
    Message 1 of 59 , Feb 7, 2005
      I've suggested before using a Gatoraide bottle too but my last time
      out I couldn't, in the middle of the night, figure out how so I made
      the trek to the head in the cold. Since I had long drawers and
      other stuff on the only contorting I had to do was put on my shoes.
      I've not tried this and don't know if it'll work or not but a guy I
      work with said a friend of his carries an extra large diaper in his
      car for those on the road emergencies. He doesn't wear it, he just
      uses it. Might be an idea here.
    • pedantus
      Message 59 of 59 , Feb 17, 2005

        > --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "pedantus" <pedantus@h...>
        > wrote:
        >
        > Furd Burfle's campsite???
        >
        > I have to know the story behind this name.

        I misspelled it...:) Ferd (short for Ferdinand) Burfel is a late
        sixties nickname conjuring the image of a self-assured rural person
        who is proudly independant but wholly uninformed as to the
        conventions of any 'reality' outside of the narrow confines of his
        own traditions, habits, and individual quirks.

        Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In
        First Show 1968
        Last Show 1973
        Genre Comedy
        Network NBC
        Slot Day Monday
        Slot Time 8 pm

        (And now you know where the name Pedantus comes from...:)

        Rog