Re: [Hammock Camping] My coldest night in a Hammock yet...and I survived!

  • seuss910
    Message 1 of 59 , Feb 7, 2005
      Ahhh. So THAT'S the secret to the famous Speer Pee Pod.

      > Having also struggled with the late
      > night trips to the head in the cold, I've switched to a pee
      bottle. Life in
      > my hammock is a lot better now! I use a short-height, large-mouth
      powdered
      > juice drink jar, like Gatorade comes in. I empty it after each use-
      easy
      > with my top-entry Speer Hammock without the need for me to get up.
    • pedantus
      Message 59 of 59 , Feb 17, 2005

        > --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "pedantus" <pedantus@h...>
        > wrote:
        >
        > Furd Burfle's campsite???
        >
        > I have to know the story behind this name.

        I misspelled it...:) Ferd (short for Ferdinand) Burfel is a late
        sixties nickname conjuring the image of a self-assured rural person
        who is proudly independant but wholly uninformed as to the
        conventions of any 'reality' outside of the narrow confines of his
        own traditions, habits, and individual quirks.

        Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In
        First Show 1968
        Last Show 1973
        Genre Comedy
        Network NBC
        Slot Day Monday
        Slot Time 8 pm

        (And now you know where the name Pedantus comes from...:)

        Rog