Re: [Hammock Camping] My coldest night in a Hammock yet...and I survived!

    Message 1 of 59 , Feb 7, 2005
      zippydooda wrote:

      >I just have no idea how y'all do this (pee in bottle while laying down.) I can't figure out the whole
      >arrangement.
      >
      >Bill in Houston

      I'm with you Bill. I would much rather get up and put on my shoes to
      pee standing up. But, there are those who can manage it and should.
      It's good practice for nursing home beds later anyway.

      Rick
    • pedantus
      Message 59 of 59 , Feb 17, 2005

        > --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "pedantus" <pedantus@h...>
        > wrote:
        >
        > Furd Burfle's campsite???
        >
        > I have to know the story behind this name.

        I misspelled it...:) Ferd (short for Ferdinand) Burfel is a late
        sixties nickname conjuring the image of a self-assured rural person
        who is proudly independant but wholly uninformed as to the
        conventions of any 'reality' outside of the narrow confines of his
        own traditions, habits, and individual quirks.

        Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In
        First Show 1968
        Last Show 1973
        Genre Comedy
        Network NBC
        Slot Day Monday
        Slot Time 8 pm

        (And now you know where the name Pedantus comes from...:)

        Rog