RE: [Hammock Camping] My coldest night in a Hammock yet...and I survived!

    Message 1 of 59 , Feb 7, 2005

      My nephew used his Speer hammock in Iraq as well.  Said it was much cooler in the desert tent than a cot.  He’s now back in Germany .  Let me add my voice to those who say ‘Thank You’ for what you’re doing in Iraq

      Hope you will keep us informed of your next hammock adventure....Ed

      Message 59 of 59 , Feb 17, 2005

        > --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "pedantus" <pedantus@h...>
        > wrote:
        >
        > Furd Burfle's campsite???
        >
        > I have to know the story behind this name.

        I misspelled it...:) Ferd (short for Ferdinand) Burfel is a late
        sixties nickname conjuring the image of a self-assured rural person
        who is proudly independant but wholly uninformed as to the
        conventions of any 'reality' outside of the narrow confines of his
        own traditions, habits, and individual quirks.

        Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In
        First Show 1968
        Last Show 1973
        Genre Comedy
        Network NBC
        Slot Day Monday
        Slot Time 8 pm

        (And now you know where the name Pedantus comes from...:)

        Rog