hammocking in the whites and in Maine

  • shadesofblue33
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 4, 2005
      A few questions for anyone who either lives near the Whites, or in
      Maine...or have hammocking experience in these areas.

      If I am traveling through the Whites in Mid/late July and hope to
      summit Katahdin by Aug. 20...How cold should I prepare my hammock
      gear for? Also, after the Whites, would you recommend continuing
      with the cold weather gear through Maine. I'm told that I wll be
      summiting Katahdin (hopefully) before the usual time of most thru-
      hikers.

      Are there more sites/easier to hammock in the Whites than to camp?
      Because of the rules and regulations, I am trying to take a hard look
      at the Whites before the trip. Please respond if you have any
      thoughts on this.
      Thanks!