New Sewing Machine Features Discovered

  • J.D. Hoessle
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 3, 2005
      Under orders to clear the dining table, I picked up the sewing machine
      and lugged it downstairs.

      Imagine my surprise when I happen to notice that there's a lever on
      the back of the machine which seems to raise and lower the "foot".
      EUREKA....! My mechanical logic kicked in and I think I now know why
      the riptstop did not "feed" properly. Which also caused my "somewhat
      straight" lines. Hmmmm.....

      Using this newly discovered feature of the sewing machine will
      undoubtedly allow me to master the Zig-Zag stitching feature!

      A word of caution to those who, like myself, have never used one of
      these devices:

      * The lamp housing is VERY HOT when machine has been in the "ON"
      position for a couple days!*

      N.B. - The marks on the dining table from dropping this HOT device
      are nothing compared to the injuries had it happened to land on my foot.

      Mr. Speer said:
      ---------------
      > Of course, I will have some demo and some sale items with me at Hot
      > Springs. I'm looking forward to discussing your experiences in
      > person. BTY, you're doing fine¬óbuilding confidence slowly and
      > safely via trial & error will soon make you a veteran hammocker
      > capable of handling anything

      Thank You!
      RE: " *SAFELY* "
      Please note my above caution to other newbies. I do have a nice burn
      on my hand from the lamp housing - stupid machines!

      Happy Trails,

      J.D.