RE: [Hammock Camping] Second Night

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 3, 2005

      JD, I’ve been eagerly following your progress with your new hammock.  Thanks for keeping us all informed.  Of course, I will have some demo and some sale items with me at Hot Springs .  I’m looking forward to discussing your experiences in person.  BTY, you’re doing fine—building confidence slowly and safely via trial & error will soon make you a veteran hammocker capable of handling anything nature throws at you!  ….Ed

      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 3, 2005
        JD, For more variability on more slack (Slakers R Us) try this.

        1) Just lengthen the rope a touch.

        2) Make an X frame from a couple of stout sticks (about 2 inches) make
        the cross at about 6 foot high to match the tree hanging height. Run
        guy lines into the ground to brace the frame.

        3) Rick (the master in all things hammock has a single stick solution
        that is worth trying.

        If you haven't already take a look at the spreadsheet in the files
        section which you can use to calculate the static load at various
        hanging angles.

        Of course the dynamic load can be much larger.

        Ralph