Hammock Camping Newsletter

  • geoflyfisher
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 5 6:40 PM
      Ed,

      When might we expect the March Hammock Camping Newsletter? I keep
      looking for it.

      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 6 5:05 AM
        Message
        Yeah, I'm running late on the March newsletter.  Have been busy with all theses hammocks...:)  Just got back from a hiker gathering at Neal's Gap on the AT--met lots of this year's crop of thru-hiker wantabes.  Will be writting the newsletter over the next day or two--hopefully finished by weekend....Ed

        Ed,

        When might we expect the March Hammock Camping Newsletter?  I keep
        looking for it.

        Rick

      • rosaleen43@aol.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 9, 2005
          Ed-

          Shu-ut U-up!  8-)

          Way to rub it in!  We got nearly another 6" yesterday.  I shoveled and used the snowblower once, and now have to go get what came down after that so hubby can get into the driveway following his trip out of state.

          Snow and cold are "four letter words!"

          Rosaleen
          From: "Ed Speer" <ed@...>
          Subject: RE: Re: Hammock Camping Newsletter

          Rick, sorry you missed Springer, but glad you will make TrailFest05 in Hot
          Springs.  What are you talking about with the weather?  It's 65F here again
          today!  It's been unseasonably warm in the SE since before Christmas--ya
          gotta love this global warming!  Oh, I forgot, you guys in the rest of the
          US are having a bit of the cold white stuff, aren't you?

          I've opened the house again today to air it out--all doors are wide open!  I
          know we're going to pay for this later, but it's really nice right now--who
          would ever think it would be short sleeve weather here on Jan 8?   Maybe I
          should go outside and do some gardening!  Anyway, maybe it'll be cold at
          TrailFest in April...Ed
        • jwj32542
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 9, 2005
            --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, rosaleen43@a... wrote:
            > Ed-
            >
            > Shu-ut U-up! 8-)
            >
            > Way to rub it in! We got nearly another 6" yesterday. I shoveled
            and used
            > the snowblower once, and now have to go get what came down after
            that so hubby
            > can get into the driveway following his trip out of state.

            Hehe...I think it topped 80 here today! <rub> <rub>

            Jeff
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 9, 2005

              Rosaleen, you remember how warm it was on Springer—that was nice.  But the warm blast continues and today I pulled weeds in the back yard with my shirt off!  Phew, this heat is really getting to me—somebody should do something.  LOL.  OK…last year Karen was mowing the yard in shirtsleeves on Jan 24 and the next day we had 6” of snow!  So I know this heat wave won’t continue, but I’m soaking it for all I can…..Ed

              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 10, 2005
                Great:  Rub some salt in the wound, why don't you!

                8-P

                We had about 6" of snow Saturday.  Today, the temps got up to about 40, in two days we are supposed to get another snowstorm, then a rise in temps and probably cold, maybe more snow.  Even the TV meteorologists are describing the weather as a "rollercoaster."

                 We will NOT live here in our retirement years.

                Rosaleen
                From: "jwj32542" <jwj32542@...>
                Subject: Re: Hammock Camping Newsletter