Re: ZHammoch Project Photos - Ridge Line?

  • J.D. Hoessle
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 3, 2005
      <rgarling@y...> wrote:
      > Also, once you determine the
      > proper sag, I'd put a permanent, fixed ridge line across to make
      > setting up faster, easier and more repeatable.

      Just re-read this...

      If I understand you correctly, a line from where the whipping is
      attached to the straps....? Or, where the straps are tied off at the
      trees...?

      Thanks!

      Happy Trails,

      J.D.
    • Ray Garlington
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 3, 2005
        --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "J.D. Hoessle" <JD@H...>
        wrote:

        > --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Ray Garlington"
        > <rgarling@y...> wrote:
        > > Also, once you determine the
        > > proper sag, I'd put a permanent, fixed ridge line across to make
        > > setting up faster, easier and more repeatable.
        >
        > Just re-read this...
        >
        > If I understand you correctly, a line from where the whipping is
        > attached to the straps....? Or, where the straps are tied off at
        the
        > trees...?

        Yes, where the whipping is attached to the straps, a la the
        Hennessey Hammock. This is a patented feature of the HH, and so
        can't be used by other hammock manufacturers, except for us home
        brewers.