Re: ZHammoch Project Photos

  • Ray Garlington
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 2, 2005
      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "J.D. Hoessle" <JD@H...>
      wrote:
      > "Increasing amounts of sag" --- OK... I assumed that one neede to
      > hang it *taut*...? Perhaps with more sag, I will have more room to
      > tose-and-turn.

      the tighter you string the hammock the more shoulder squeeze you get
      and the less you are able to lie at a diagonal across the centerline
      of the hammock. Try finding some trees that are closer together and
      hang the hammock with 'too much' sag. Try it, then tie it a little
      tighter. You *will* find a comfortable tightness. When you do, tie
      a permanent ridgeline to help you remember.
    • J.D. Hoessle
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 3, 2005
        <rgarling@y...> wrote:
        > Also, once you determine the
        > proper sag, I'd put a permanent, fixed ridge line across to make
        > setting up faster, easier and more repeatable.

        Just re-read this...

        If I understand you correctly, a line from where the whipping is
        attached to the straps....? Or, where the straps are tied off at the
        trees...?

        Thanks!

        Happy Trails,

        J.D.
      • Ray Garlington
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 3, 2005
          wrote:

          > --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Ray Garlington"
          > <rgarling@y...> wrote:
          > > Also, once you determine the
          > > proper sag, I'd put a permanent, fixed ridge line across to make
          > > setting up faster, easier and more repeatable.
          >
          > Just re-read this...
          >
          > If I understand you correctly, a line from where the whipping is
          > attached to the straps....? Or, where the straps are tied off at
          the
          > trees...?

          Yes, where the whipping is attached to the straps, a la the
          Hennessey Hammock. This is a patented feature of the HH, and so
          can't be used by other hammock manufacturers, except for us home
          brewers.