Re: Hammock Camping Newbie to the group

  • Stephen T. Gregorie
    Message 1 of 26 , Mar 5, 2003
      I agree no good for a sleeping bag. I think it was
      David who was looking for a cloth cover for a mat. As
      a cover they're ok. Of course,if you spend more money
      for better fleece that would make for a warmer nights
      sleep.
      steve

      http://taxes.yahoo.com/
      Message 2 of 26 , Mar 6, 2003
        Message
        David I second what Coy Boy says--most common sleep pads tend to slip out from beneath the user in a hammock.  . If possible avoid pads with smooth or slick surfaces--unfortunately the nylon covered self inflatables are a real problem.  Some foam pads also have a slick surface finish and should be avoided.  Fortunately some inexpensive foam pads are available, such as the Wal-Mart or Target varities mentioned frequently on this list.  In addition, several companies, including my Speer Hammocks, sell extra wide, thin 'grippy' foam pads that work well alone or in combo with other pads.  Qware also sells a similar pad. Other solutions also abound on this list. Hammp hammocking...Ed