Getting into a bag...

  • jwj32542
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2005
      Here's the easiest way I've found to get into a sleeping bag in a
      hammock:

      - Unzip the bag down to your knees.

      - Lay in the hammock.

      - Lay the bag on top of you and put your feet/knees in like a quilt.

      - Hold the bag near your shoulders with one hand and hips with the
      other.

      - Roll over.

      - Adjust.

      - Zip.

      If you get the bag positioned right before you roll, all you have to
      adjust for is the twisting, which is a lot easier than scooting your
      butt up and down to adjust for length.

      Of course, it's easier to use a quilt and not worry about zipping
      into a bag altogether! :)

      Jeff
    • thecreekfisher
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 2, 2005

        > Here's the easiest way I've found to get into a sleeping bag in a
        > hammock:
        >
        > - Unzip the bag down to your knees.
        >
        > - Lay in the hammock.
        >
        > - Lay the bag on top of you and put your feet/knees in like a
        quilt.

        > - Hold the bag near your shoulders with one hand and hips with
        the
        > other.
        >
        > - Roll over.
        >
        > - Adjust.
        >
        > - Zip.
        >
        > If you get the bag positioned right before you roll, all you have
        > adjust for is the twisting, which is a lot easier than scooting
        your
        > butt up and down to adjust for length.
        >
        > Of course, it's easier to use a quilt and not worry about zipping
        > into a bag altogether! :)
        >
        > Jeff

        I tried that with my BA system but it did not work out very well.
        When the pad is connected to the bag it's hard to move the thing
        around as you describe. The pad slides around quite easily when I'm
        sitting on my butt and then stays in place once I lay down. It's
        really quite simple and effective. What ever works for whom ever is
        usually the best solution though ; )