Re: big agnes insulated air core

  • thecreekfisher
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2005
      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "schrochem" <schrochem@g...>
      wrote:

      > Hello,
      > I found a few posts about people using these. I already have one
      for
      > when I use a tent (gasp!!) so I was wondering if anyone has any
      tips
      > on using it in a hammock. I have the zirkel to couple it with so
      it
      > will stay in place, but was wonder if I should just minimally
      inflate
      > the pad?
      > Muchas gracias
      > scott

      I have the pad with the Horse Thief. I like to roll up my bag with
      the pad in place. This allows me to inflate the pad while I'm in my
      hammock with minimal fuss. I just lay on my back put the pad on top
      of me blow the sucker up.

      Do you have any kayaking experience? I find that sliding my pad
      around in the hammock while I'm on the pad is similar in feel to my
      kayak. I sit on my butt and then sort-pf scoot the pad just like I
      would scoot a kayak through swallow water snags.

      Also, I find that it is alot easier to get in the bag if I unzip the
      bag BEFORE I get in the hammock. I just sit on the bag, scoot it
      into place (lay down to test location and adjust if necessary),
      slide in, zip-up, and dose-off.

      Finally, it is much easier to zip the bag when the pad is fully
      inflated. When the pad bends in the hammock the zipper bends too
      which makes it hard to zip. you just sort-of have to flatten it out
      as you go.

      Those are my tips. Enjoy : )