Anger as motivation

  • J.D. Hoessle
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2005
      Ta! Da!

      Had a couple of appointments cancel on me, got angry, frustrated - and
      took it out on this ZHammock project. Just tired of pussy footing
      around and I really am better at this than I think... How else have I
      been able to stay on the trail (pre-hammock, of course) for weeks at a
      time..?!?!? Told myself: "Get On With It...!"

      Knew I had poly cord around here somewhere! Tore into a closet and
      found enough poly cord AND some old webbing from...??? Dog leash,
      car-top carrier....?

      Bunched up the ripstop (with the non-Zig-Zag "somewhat straight
      stitching"), tied some-kind of knots, and headed for the back yard.
      There's ONE big 3 foot diameter Sugar Maple (WEED!) and a storage shed
      that are 25 - 30 feet apart. Big screw hook in the shed and a piece
      of rope. Looped another old rope over the Sugar Maple. Hung the
      Zhammock and made ONE adjustment!

      Testing it VERY gently, I pulled out some the shed siding (!!!!); so,
      another screw hook thru the siding and into a stud. At least, I think
      it was part of the frame - may have been that old chest of drawers
      inside... Who cares, I'm still pretty angry.

      Tucked my 3/4 Thermarest into the "sleeve" AND a brand new CC full
      length blue foam.

      It's a wonderful day in the neighborhood! Mid-30's F, bright
      sunshine, no wind, snow on the ground. I am now snow blinded; but,
      just sat down on it, pulled my feet up and laid there for 20 - 30
      minutes. Did not hear any stitches nor ripstop tearing. That's a
      good sign, right?

      My Wonder Dogs were wondering "What-in-the....?" 55 pound SkyDog
      joined me in the Zhammock and then 90 pound MollyDog had to put the
      front half of her body in my lap too....<g>...

      I am 172 lbs. plus 55 plus .5 X 90 ~~ 272 pounds and still no
      stitches-fabric-tearing sounds. Definitely good sign, right?

      Forecast is for the low 20's tonight. 5 degree bag, fleece tops &
      bottoms, a super-duty GoLite parka (The "midnight" something...?) as
      top quilt.

      Let's see how cold my butt gets tonight!

      Thanks for your patience & suggestions, Rick! And, everyone else too!
    • Ralph Oborn
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 1, 2005
        You might want to consider bracing the shed! :]

        Ralph