Re: Spent the money, Rick.

  • J.D. Hoessle
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 1, 2005
      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Risk" <ra1@i...> wrote:
      > Congrats on the work so far J.D.

      Thank You!

      > For the cord, a 24 inch shoestring works fine. They even sell them
      > in pairs.

      ...hehehe! Yes, I did see your note on this in your instructions.

      > BTW, the reason for the zstitch is that the polester thread (you did
      > get good Guterman thread didn't you?) does not stretch as much as
      > the nylon material.

      Not the brand name "Guterman"; but, what seems to be high quality
      poly. Feel pretty confident that this will hold up.

      > You may find that the side hems of your hammock seem
      > really tight compared with the nylon while you are sitting in the
      > hammock sideways. That is the thread in the hem.

      Hmmmm.... I will let you know.

      > Next hammock, though I have patiently removed stitches the whole
      > length of the hammock a number of times!

      C'mon....!!! Not sure I could do that! If I had "patience", I would
      have been a doctor! I think I would be more apt to donate the
      material and buy new!

      Hopefully, I will have some testing feed-back by the weekend!

      Happy Ground Hog Day!

      J.D.