Pads

  • Douglas Kitchen
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 28, 2005
      This sounds strange so please follow for a second. I have a HH Backpacker Asym with a "JacksRbetter" complete system with the Nest, no sniveler and the new weather shield. I have not used the weather shiled yet, but I will befoe the winter is done. We got 2 new kittens last week. So the wife went out and bought a bunch of new kitten things. Well one thing she got is called the "wonder bed self warming". It has a polyester fleece on top, some kind of waterproof bottom. these are sewn together like a pillowcase. Inside is a shiny mylar refecting piece bonded to about 3/8 of a polyester fill type material (heavy fibered like an air conditioner filter). The amazing thing is when you put your palm on it it immediatley gets warm, same when you sit on it. It is refelecting the heat right back to you. The small pad we got is about 20" by 26" and weighs 5.8 oz. but the larger is 28" by 36". I am thinking of trying one to replace my foam pad in cold temps. The poly fleece would be great to be on with a quilt on top.
      Someone with more experience please go there, and tell me what you think. I mean if it is good enough for my kittens it should be good enough for me, right?

    • J.D. Hoessle
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 28, 2005
        --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, Douglas Kitchen <DKitchen@o...>
        wrote:
        > Well one thing she got is called the "wonder bed self warming". It has
        > a polyester fleece on top, some kind of waterproof bottom. these are
        > sewn together like a pillowcase. Inside is a shiny mylar refecting
        > piece bonded to about 3/8 of a polyester fill type material (heavy
        > fibered like an air conditioner filter). The amazing thing is when you
        > put your palm on it it immediatley gets warm, same when you sit on it.

        First Thought:

        From other comments here, seems there "might" be a condensation
        problem...?

        Second Thought:

        Did you tear the thing apart to know all about the materials inside
        AND WHAT ABOUT THE POOR BED-LESS KITTENS NOW....<G>...?

        Hope you ran right out and bought them another bed since you did all
        of that destructive-testing! ...hehehe!

        Happy Trails,

        J.D.
      • coop_1126
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 25, 2009
          While noodling through old posts I linked to a hammock manu. site and
          linked from that to a pad made by coleman ostensibly for hammocks.
          It was 6'long 2 wide and had an ëgg carton"surface.' Does anyone have
          any experience with this product?