Re: [Hammock Camping] Gear and insulation in HH, was New User with Newbie Question

  • chcoa
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 25, 2005
      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, Dylan Anderson <hum469@y...>
      wrote:
      Dylan, where did you purchase your grey cc foam and what are the
      dimensions?

      jamie in az

      > Oh, and after some expirementation, I came up with a
      > solution to bottom insulation that is quick, easy, and
      > cheap for those who do not have the time or budget for
      > underquilts and such. I took a fleece sleeping bag
      > liner, and put a closed cell foam pad inside it. Just
      > one of those cheap grey sheets, and layed that inside
      > my Hennessy.
    • jwj32542
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 26, 2005
        wrote:
        > the night, additional water is kept outside attached
        > to the corners of the rainfly where it could catch
        > rainwater should a storm brew overnight and the fly is
        > tensioned in this way as well.

        Could you post some pics, pls?

        I saw this on Tom's "New Products" page, but he doesn't have any
        pictures. Do you have some kind of filter on top of the bottles?
        Not for purification, but I'd be concerned about dust/debris washing
        down the tarp and into my drinking water. A little bit of junk in
        there is not big deal, but a bandana over the top would be great.

        Did you make it or is it a prototype from Tom?

        Jeff
      • Dylan Anderson
        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 26, 2005
          Jaime, sorry I forgot to mention, I got it from
          Popular, and it is made by thermarest apparently the
          stuff with the little teeth on the edges to attach
          multiple pieces together. It is 25" wide by about 60"
          or so long (it is cut off though, so I imagine it was
          72" origionally).

          Jeff, mine were made from scratch because I saw the
          idea on Tom's site. I put a coffee filter down into
          the funnel section (I always carry filters because I
          use them to strain water before using my Iodine tabs).
          I don't have any pictures, but it is raining here
          right now and I did intend to go test something else
          in the park, so if I can get to that (And find my
          bottles!) I will snap some shots and show you. They
          aren't pretty, but that is ok.

          =====

          http://mail.yahoo.com