[Hammock Camping] Re: Newbie introduction, and query.

  • Eric Sandberg
    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 24, 2005
      I made my first tarp out of 1.9 oz coated nylon (big mistake - quite
      heavy). I made one out of 1.1 oz silnylon last fall (only used it
      once so far.) I made it 10X5 because it's easier to make that size
      a poncho also. I thought about the 10X8, but would have had to put
      too many folds and velcro into it so I could wear it without it
      dragging.

      About the hanging lines, I'm afraid I was unclear and might get you
      into a tangled mass. I bring the two sets of lines in so they meet
      in the center of the hammock. Then I pull one loop through the
      other one. That way they may twist, but they don't tangle.

      'next handshake seminar is on Feb 31. See you there.

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, Anna Ault <GreenSoul@g...>