Re: [Hammock Camping] Digest Number 761

  • Iron Llama
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 19, 2005
      I saw something about this on one of the make-your-own-gear pages. The author
      took his cc foam pad and poked a bunch of holes in it with a thin-walle brass
      tube, to allow for drainage an air circulation. The idea doesn't look bad (to
      this neophyte, anyway) but I don't know how well it would work. The URL is
      http://home.chattanooga.net/~cdp/hammock/hammock.htm

      > SO...is there a way to use a CC pad without the moisture buildup?
      > Like use a Nest-Pad-No Sniveller-Hammock-Sleeping Bag setup, so the
      > first one could move the moisture while the pad keeps you warm? Or
      > would the pad's firmness cause air gaps inside the quilts? Would
      > the outside quilt even be of any use since the pad would likely stop
      > any body heat from getting trapped in the outside one? I guess it
      > would still be good on the edges where the pad doesn't cover.
      >
      > Anyway would this cause condensation in the first quilt, since
      > you'll essentially have a vapor barrier around it?
      >
      > Jeff

      The all-new My Yahoo! - Get yours free!
      http://my.yahoo.com
    • zippydooda
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 19, 2005
        Something about adding circulation THROUGH your insulation doesn't
        make sense to me. But, if it works, who am I to argue?

        Bill in Houston

        --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, Iron Llama <iron_llama@y...>