Re:more PI was/Re: Hammock Camping Newsletter

  • rosaleen43@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 13, 2005
      JWJ-

      Not only can the smoke get a person through his clothes, the smoke can cause a severe problem for the lungs.  They were lucky!

      (SNIP)
      I know someone who cleared his backyard and burned the weeds.
      Throughout the day, the winds shifted and started blowing on their
      clothesline.  Not such a big deal...until they found out the weed
      pile had poison ivy in there!  How did they find out, you ask?

      His daughter (18 at the time...a bit older than I was then) ended up
      with PI all over her upper AND lower parts.  Yep, those parts.  I
      saw her once during this ordeal...didn't look too comfortable.

      Someone else told me it's just a myth that PI can infect you through
      smoke...I said just tell her that!  Sure wasn't a myth that day.