Re: [Hammock Camping] Western Hammock Gathering

  • wpick87506@aol.com
    Message 1 of 16 , Jan 10, 2005
      Hi

      I've heard of Happy Velley. I've never been there. It sounds wonderful. I just wonder what the weather may be like in April? The waterfalls should be running full now. I don't know what they would be like then. What do the others think?

      Walter
    • Chuck Haak
      Message 2 of 16 , Jan 10, 2005

        Hi All,

        I should check in as a fellow Arizona hammock hanger who knows a little bit about Happy Valley. It is a nice place, very scenic, good access to some trails up into the Rincon Mountains especially up to Rincon Peak. There are a number of good campsites as you drive along the road. When I was there, I noticed one creek that crossed the road that looked worthy of a boulder hopping explore. April in Arizona can hardly be beat and a full moon would make it even better. Some of the sycamore trees are about 8’ in diameter so you might want to bring looong strap extenders.

        Chuck Haak

        chuckhaak@...

        Message 3 of 16 , Jan 11, 2005
          As I said, someone just recomended it to me as a place
          to check out. I could do it, or your suggestion too
          Walter. I don't know what others prefer, but do we
          have anyone who can commit to a weekend yet?

          =====

          http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250
        • wpick87506@aol.com
          Message 4 of 16 , Jan 11, 2005
            Hi

            Still no commitments to any weekends yet.

            Walter
          • chcoa
            Message 5 of 16 , Jan 13, 2005
              Okay so it seams like we are really struggling here AZers. Let's get
              our ducks in a row. April is what's on the table right? I'm in for
              16/17, 23/24 or 30/1.

              I would prefer Madera since I want to attempt Mt. Wrightson but I
              have heard really wonderful things about Happy Valley too so either
              is fine by me. Let's decide on both issues so we can make some solid
              plans before this ends up being a 2006 hanging event!!! :)

              By the way, I have not heard from adrnlnjnky on this either. AJ are
              you planning to join us? Also, what about you Chuck?

              jamie d