Re:Silicone waterproofing, was Re: Waterproof bottom of Hammock

  • rosaleen43@aol.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 7, 2005
      Bill-

      Camp Dry is silicone based.  I have no experience with Armor All, so have no comment on it.  It takes a while for the odor to dissipate with Armor All, and it can darken light fabrics, but I did not notice much, if any, textural change.  It has been a long time since I've used Scotchguard, but I remember it as being quite different from Camp Dry.

      Rosaleen
      From: "zippydooda" <zippydooda@...>
      Subject: Silicone waterproofing, was Re: Waterproof bottom of Hammock

      Is the silicone in Camp Dry the same as the silicone in ArmorAll and
      similar projects?  Does it leave a slicky or slimy feel?

      The reason I ask is that I noticed that one of the ingredients in
      Scotchguard is PDMS, which is also in ArmorAll and 303 protectant,
      and I wondered if CampDry was the same...

      Thanks,
      Bill in Houston