Re: Newbie question(s)

  • starnescr <starnescr@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 3, 2003
      Hi Bill

      I always end up with my head to the left of center and feet to the
      left. Never did notice any differance in the fly but maybe
      subconchiously that is why I do. Now on the Asym it is definantly
      noticable. I'll take a closser look at mine next time. My hammock
      is the original and had the original fly on it when I slept through
      3 inches of rain. In fact I had started out in another hammock but
      switched during the rain when I devoleped a leak. I recently put a
      sil-nylon fly on my original. It is 3 inches bigger all the way
      around than the original fly. I laid it out and placed my original
      fly over it just to see the differance. Looks pretty symetrical to
      me. Anyways, I feel a little more confidant in blowing rains now
      that I have replaced the original fly with a sil-nylon but havent
      had a chance to test it in a big blowing rain yet. Reguardless I was
      fine with the original fly. Now I should be double fine.

      Coy Boy

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, wsmurdoch@a... wrote:
      > In a message dated 3/3/03 4:07:55 AM Eastern Standard Time,
      > hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com writes:
      >

      > > 1. I keep reading about making sure the tarp is installed "the
      right
      > > way." I take it this means more that just right-side up, but
      that
      > > there is a head corner and a foot corner as well? If so, what's
      the
      > > quick way to tell? When I climb into my hammock and lay down
      > > diagonally, I notice that my head and feet are both barely under
      the
      > > tarp. Do I need to reverse the tarp, or is there some other
      issue
      > > here?
      > >

      > While the symmetrical HHs are symmetrical, they are not quite
      symmetrical.
      > Lay the tarp out on the floor. It is a parallelogram with two
      sides on the
      > selvages of the fabric with the warp yarns parallel to the edges.
      The other