Re: Help finding some info

  • Mirage
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 3, 2005
      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Eric Sandberg" <docteric@y...> wrote:

      > I'm trying to find some things that were mentioned in this forum
      > quite some time ago with no luck. Can someone point me in the right
      > direction?

      I'll try...

      > At one point Rick wrote of his (Your if you're reading this Rick)
      > LiteHammock. I'm interested in the bug net design. I can't find
      > this hammock on his (your) site. Help!

      His more recent evolution of this is called the ZHammock
      http://www.imrisk.com/zhammock/zhammock.htm

      > Also, someone wrote about a lightweight pack that uses your
      > tent/hammock/tarp etc as the body of the pack. Can someone point me
      > to that design or site.

      At one time a company was developing the S3 (Suspended Sleep System). I wrote to them
      but they never seemed to make it to market. It was still a pretty heavy system, even
      accounting for the dual use of the hammock as a pack.

      Here is a link to a review of it: http://www.backpacking.net/gear-reviews/sss/

      > Anyone know of a way to refine the search function on this forum?

      This list is archived (since May of last year) by Gmane at:
      http://news.gmane.org/gmane.culture.backpacking.hammockcamping

      Searching from here is alot more efficient.

      > Thanks

      HTH,

      Shane "Mirage"...
    • Rat
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 4, 2005
        If you are referring to the Quarter Weight Hammock try this link:
        http://www.imrisk.com/hammock/ultraquarterweight.htm Courtesy of
        Risk.

        As far as the Pack goes, I think you may be thinking of the Gearskin
        by Moonbow, try this link:
        http://hikinghq.net/gear/moonbow_gearskin.html Courtesy of Sgt. Rock.
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 4, 2005
          Mirage wrote:

          >--- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Eric Sandberg" <docteric@y...> wrote:
          >

          >>I'm trying to find some things that were mentioned in this forum
          >>quite some time ago with no luck. Can someone point me in the right
          >>direction?
          >>

          >I'll try...
          >

          >>At one point Rick wrote of his (Your if you're reading this Rick)
          >>LiteHammock. I'm interested in the bug net design. I can't find
          >>this hammock on his (your) site. Help!
          >>

          >His more recent evolution of this is called the ZHammock
          >http://www.imrisk.com/zhammock/zhammock.htm

          Yep, The lite hammock had a 4 foot long panel in the center that made
          it into a partially double bottomed hammock. The ZHammock works better
          in my opinion.

          Risk