Help finding some info

  • Eric Sandberg
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 3, 2005
      I'm trying to find some things that were mentioned in this forum
      quite some time ago with no luck. Can someone point me in the right
      direction?

      At one point Rick wrote of his (Your if you're reading this Rick)
      LiteHammock. I'm interested in the bug net design. I can't find
      this hammock on his (your) site. Help!

      Also, someone wrote about a lightweight pack that uses your
      tent/hammock/tarp etc as the body of the pack. Can someone point me
      to that design or site.

      Anyone know of a way to refine the search function on this forum?

      Thanks
    • Mirage
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 3, 2005
        --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Eric Sandberg" <docteric@y...> wrote:

        > I'm trying to find some things that were mentioned in this forum
        > quite some time ago with no luck. Can someone point me in the right
        > direction?

        I'll try...

        > At one point Rick wrote of his (Your if you're reading this Rick)
        > LiteHammock. I'm interested in the bug net design. I can't find
        > this hammock on his (your) site. Help!

        His more recent evolution of this is called the ZHammock
        http://www.imrisk.com/zhammock/zhammock.htm

        > Also, someone wrote about a lightweight pack that uses your
        > tent/hammock/tarp etc as the body of the pack. Can someone point me
        > to that design or site.

        At one time a company was developing the S3 (Suspended Sleep System). I wrote to them
        but they never seemed to make it to market. It was still a pretty heavy system, even
        accounting for the dual use of the hammock as a pack.

        Here is a link to a review of it: http://www.backpacking.net/gear-reviews/sss/

        > Anyone know of a way to refine the search function on this forum?

        This list is archived (since May of last year) by Gmane at:
        http://news.gmane.org/gmane.culture.backpacking.hammockcamping

        Searching from here is alot more efficient.

        > Thanks

        HTH,

        Shane "Mirage"...
      • Rat
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 4, 2005
          If you are referring to the Quarter Weight Hammock try this link:
          http://www.imrisk.com/hammock/ultraquarterweight.htm Courtesy of
          Risk.

          As far as the Pack goes, I think you may be thinking of the Gearskin
          by Moonbow, try this link:
          http://hikinghq.net/gear/moonbow_gearskin.html Courtesy of Sgt. Rock.
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 4, 2005
            Mirage wrote:

            >--- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Eric Sandberg" <docteric@y...> wrote:
            >

            >>I'm trying to find some things that were mentioned in this forum
            >>quite some time ago with no luck. Can someone point me in the right
            >>direction?
            >>

            >I'll try...
            >

            >>At one point Rick wrote of his (Your if you're reading this Rick)
            >>LiteHammock. I'm interested in the bug net design. I can't find
            >>this hammock on his (your) site. Help!
            >>

            >His more recent evolution of this is called the ZHammock
            >http://www.imrisk.com/zhammock/zhammock.htm

            Yep, The lite hammock had a 4 foot long panel in the center that made
            it into a partially double bottomed hammock. The ZHammock works better
            in my opinion.

            Risk