Re: [Hammock Camping] Re: WesternHammock Gathering

  • wpick87506@aol.com
    Message 1 of 36 , Dec 31, 2004
      Hi All

      The weekends listed are good for me. Although I wonder what the weather would be like in Feb. As to location, I would like to suggest the Santa Rita Mountains south of Tucson, i.e. Maderia Canyon. Or the Sabino Canyon basin in the Catalinas.

      Question: will this be camp-out-of-the-back-of-the-truck or a hike-in and base camp?I'm up for both.

      Walter
    • chcoa
      Message 36 of 36 , Jan 2, 2005
        I'm in for both places as well and any kind of camping set up is fine
        with me. I'm trying to summit the 20 highest peaks (with trails) in
        AZ so if we do something around the Santa Catalinas my vote is for
        something a little higher up with a day hike to the MT. Lemmon summit
        and if we go to the Santa Ritas I'd like to hit Mt. Wrightson. But
        if you guys aren't up for any of those trails then I'm fine kicking
        back at a car campsite too and just enjoying the breeze.

        jamie in az