Re: [Hammock Camping] Re: WesternHammock Gathering

  • Dylan Anderson
    Message 1 of 36 , Dec 31, 2004
      OK, well here is what I have noted so far. I, my
      friend Cody, and Jamie are all in the Phoenix metro
      area. Adrnlnjnky, I don't know where in AZ you are,
      and Walter is from Tucson right? (sorry if I missed
      it)

      As for potential dates, so far it looks like the first
      three weekends of January, though that is short
      notice, the last weekend of February, or the second
      two weekends of March. Is this correct? Is everyone
      free these weekends and which one is most prefered
      then so we can all mark it off on our calendars?

      As for where to go, if we are looking for somewhere in
      southern AZ, well then I am perhapse the worst
      resource. I have much, much less experience with the
      southern half than I do with the north. But anything
      that anyone can suggest with some great photo ops, a
      cave to explore, or ruins, something of interest like
      that, I would love to do. Anything new is always
      welcome in my book. So what does everyone think at
      this point?

      -Dylan

      =====

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • chcoa
      Message 36 of 36 , Jan 2, 2005
        I'm in for both places as well and any kind of camping set up is fine
        with me. I'm trying to summit the 20 highest peaks (with trails) in
        AZ so if we do something around the Santa Catalinas my vote is for
        something a little higher up with a day hike to the MT. Lemmon summit
        and if we go to the Santa Ritas I'd like to hit Mt. Wrightson. But
        if you guys aren't up for any of those trails then I'm fine kicking
        back at a car campsite too and just enjoying the breeze.

        jamie in az

        --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, wpick87506@a... wrote:
        > Hi All
        >
        > The weekends listed are good for me. Although I wonder what the
        weather
        > would be like in Feb. As to location, I would like to suggest the
        Santa Rita
        > Mountains south of Tucson, i.e. Maderia Canyon. Or the Sabino
        Canyon basin in the